Saturday, February 12, 2011

Ramblings - Never Enough Time

There never seems to be enough time to do all the things I wish to do in a day.  Time to read all the books I have stacked in a neat little pile to read, time to take the pictures I want to take, time to paint the scenes in my mind that I want to paint, time to acquaint myself with that lovely sewing machine that was given to me as a Christmas gift three Christmas's ago, or, time to be alone and just reflect on my life and how I've arrived at this particular junction.  There's never enough time to let those others in our lives know how much we appreciate them, need them, love them.  When did we last say what's on our heart? 

Things come into our lives unbidden and unsought that give us pause and need thought and prayer and careful consideration.  Where do we find that time so necessary to ponder, to deliberate, to sort the wheat from the chaff? How do we sort out the necessary from the unnecessary?

Where do we find that point of reference, in new situations and circumstances, where we say to ourselves, "Yes, I've been here before and this is what I did", when there is no before, no point of reference, only an unknown 'after'? 

I like structure, planning, organization and happy endings or, at least, expected ones.  I think most of us do.  I like "thinking" that I have some control over the events in my life.  What a delusion that is when our experiences show how little control we actually have.  I suppose I need to learn to "roll with the punches", to "take things as they come", to "be prepared for the worst, but expect the best." 

I think I can see now, that I'm rambling a bit.  I sense that, as I ramble, there is that "still, small voice" saying to me, "Here I am.  Leave your concerns, your plans and your worries at My feet.  I am more than sufficient.  Be still, and Know."

I think I'll do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment