Monday, February 28, 2011

Hidden Person of the Heart

On days like today it is great to know that God looks on the "hidden person of the heart".  I found this phrase in a devotional I use (try to use) daily. 

Today was an unsettling day for me.  Not outwardly, but inwardly.  It was one of those days when I felt that I had lost direction.  Perhaps it was influenced by the unsettling Spring weather. Perhaps not.  I spent most of the day trying to find direction and I forgot to get my heart still and my mind quieted.

I think this is common for many of us.  We feel pulled in so many directions; by the media, responsibilities, phone calls, families, schedules that are too full and demands upon ourselves, by ourselves.  Yes, I demand and expect a lot from myself.  I'm my own worst enemy a lot of the time.  I let myself down, I let others down and I let my Heavenly Father down.

And then comes that 'still small voice'.  Again.  That gentle, quiet, loving voice deep inside, where the soul lives and breathes, saying "Be still and know."

I must have been listening for it.  Some part of me was listening.  It's so great to know that when I'm most destructive to myself, the Creator of all things speaks through the madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment