Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Is/Was Here in the Valley!

It's been a few days since I blogged.  Sometimes the days just get away from me and, by the end of the day, I don't seem have a thought in my head. 

Another weekend has come and gone.  For me, Saturday was a day of just not feeling well.  I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in both arms/hands, but more pronounced in my right arm.  I had to take a break on Saturday because the pain was just too bad.  It's also allergy time in the Shenandoah Valley and my sinuses were screaming at me all day long.  I really don't like complaining, but sometimes it just helps.

Sunday was a gorgeous day here in the Valley!  Spring cried out to be felt and heard.  The birds in my backyard were abundant and singing all day long.  I haven't seen any more Purple Martins, but they can't be too far away.  I saw my first one on my gourds on March 8th.  It was so exciting!

Another sure sign of Spring was the opening of Willy's Ice Cream, located on the corner of West Main and Lew DeWitt Blvd.  The opening of Willy's is always a welcoming and delicious event.  I got there on Sunday to get my first Twist Cone and the lines were long.

I found myself just wanting to buy flowers to plant and paint to repair.  It's still, officially, late Winter here but Spring is making itself known, as Winter takes one last long, deep, breath.  A sigh of relief for the Maker of Winter and a burst of joy for the Creator of Spring.

In all things, give thanks!

And, I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment